In this Blog I invite you to support my video entry to the O2 Learn Competition for three simple reasons:
1) I believe some of the videos that are winning the Fortnightly stages give a poor representation of Education in Britain
2) Many teachers who have submitted a video are cheating by creating false accounts to gain extra votes
3) The winning videos will be considered by the public as the best in British education, so I believe it is important that good examples are presented
So, if you like my video and you want your viewing to count and rate it, please follow the following instructions:
– Go to this website http://www.o2learn.co.uk and register (top right), or login if you are already registered. Remember you will receive an activation email and sometimes it might end up in people’s junk mail, so please check in there too!
– Login (top right) and click on this link http://bit.ly/o2learnvideo to watch my video
– If you like the video, please rate it by clicking on Rate this video below the video screen and give it 5 stars 🙂
Please remember that you need to be logged in for your viewing and rating to count!
As an educator I believe that engaging in these types of competitions is important to give a good representation of good practice in Education to the public. The teaching profession doesn’t always get a very good reputation from the Media and having good videos in the winning entries can help to change people’s views on teachers and Education in Britain. So, please support my entry only if you think it is a good video that would help learners to understand the topic presented!
Another way in which you could help is by spreading the word and passing on the link to this Blog post to your colleagues, friends, pupils, etc… and ask them to follow the instructions to support my entry.
Thank you in advance for your support and let me know if you are entering a video too, so I can support it!